(Last update : Sun, 13 Feb 2000)
[ Evariste® | Forum ]
From patrick.schouller@inria.fr Tue Feb  4 09:35 MET 1997
From: Patrick Schouller
Subject: OFFRE DE PARTENARIAT IPR

Bonjour,
veuillez trouver ci-joint une offre de partenariat en matiere d'IPR

Subject: IPR Services

OFFER OF IPR MANAGEMENT SERVICES TO PROPOSERS TO THE EDUCATIONAL
MULTIMEDIA JOINT CALL 1996
03/02/97

You are contacted as potential proposer to the Educational Multimedia
Joint Call of 17  December 1996.

You might be interested to know that partners from the ESPRIT COPEARMS
project offer services in the frame of this call.

The ESPRIT project COPEARMS assists other projects in the design and/or
implementation of electronic copyright management systems(ECMS). Shortly
defined,those systems are software and hardware device associated with
one or more copyrighted works,aiming at:

· Registration of the terms of contracts between concerned agents:
authors, publishers, producers, distributors, end-users
· Monitoring the access to and use of the works
· Preparing usage reports,invoices,credit notes
· Managing payments owed and received

The assistance provided by COPEARMS partners consists mainly of the
following services:

· Business case analysis of the ECMS application,by Bureau van Dijk
· Technical transfer and training by EURITIS,including security issues
by CERT
· Legal consultancy by CRID (Research Center on Computer and Law)
· Standardisation related consultancy on EDI,OMG,etc by Level-7,and on
works and agents identifiers by CISAC.

This assistance is currently provided to six European
projects:Tissus,Copysmart and Veniva from ESPRIT,Multimediator and
Talisman from ACTS,Europe MMM from TELEMATIC APPLICATIONS.

Our offer of services matches particularly well the terms of reference
of the Joint Call.

At the infoday of 10 January 1997,Mr Rene de Cotret,from ESPRIT,stressed
in particular the importance of intellectual property rights (IPR)
management:educational multimedia have composite contents which are
reused,what calls for a proper management of the rights of the
authors,publishers and users.

Recommendation 15 of the Report of the Task Force"Educational Software
and Multimedia" goes in the same direction,as does Recommendation 9
resulting from consultations of this Task Force with users and
producers.

An attentive reading of the Guide for Proposers indicates also the need
to address these issues as part of item 4 of the pre-proposal Forms
entitled "Exploitation

How can we collaborate together if you are interested in our expertise?

Like other partners with their own expertise,we can provide your
proposal with an "IPR management added value":a first analysis of your
business case concerning the copyright management,and a programme of
related actions,showing to evaluators and deciders that this issue is
properly dealt with in your proposal,and will be so in the subsequent
project.

We will do this free of charge.What we ask as counterpart is to be part
of the proposal-and hopefully of the resulting project-either as
partners or as sub-contractors,with a budget foreseen for the provision
of the services you are interested in.

If you are interested to work together,please contact me at the
following address:
dspaey@pophost.eunet.be

With my best regards and wishes for success in your enterprises,

Dominique Spaey
COPEARMS Co-ordinator
Project Manager at Bureau van Dijk
Fax: +32 2 6488230
Tel: +32 2 6390575
Dominique Spaey
                        Patrick SCHOULLER
MINISTERE DE L'INDUSTRIE DE LA POSTE ET DES TELECOMMUNICATIONS
	  Direction Generale des Strategies Industrielles
	     3/5 rue Barbet de Jouy 75353 PARIS  07 SP
Telephone : + 33 1 43 19 34 25
Telecopie : + 33 1 43 19 35 51